We posted reusing old jeans ideas, that are creative, before. Today we’re at it again — here is another one you can make. It’s a simple bag made out of old jeans.
VIEW IN GALLERY
Crossbody Bag from Old Jeans
This bag is great for snacks and other essentials for outdoor festivals, or for packing a survival kit for bad weather. It is easy to make and, because you are recycling, it is very inexpensive.
Fold the bag and pack it away in your car so that it is readily available on market days or junking trips.
What you will need:
- old jeans;
- a broach you like and is resistant
- a tie
- needle and thread.
- Take the old jeans, the scissors and you will start cutting the material. Make the cuts 1 inch or so below the pocket.
- Cut out the crotch seam and sew the sides together so you can go further with sewing the lower part of the bag.
- Turn your jeans inside and pin the ends together. Sew shut all the way across then turn the jeans to the right side.
- Take the tie and feed it through the belt loops as seen in the picture and pin it with the broach.
Ready to wear it?
First and foremost, remember one thing — never throw away old jeans you have in your closet.
Secondly, we know how crafty you could be, so if you did this project, we’d love to lay our eyes on it.
Hit us up in the comments section below with a picture of the product you came up with. We’d love our community to be able to see it.
Photo credit: trinketsinbloom