VIEW IN GALLERY
I have always been a Hello Kitty fan but these cookies bring back especially fond memories. How to make a Hello Kitty Cookie – a life skill every Hello Kitty Fan should have.
125g Butter (room temperature)
50g Icing sugar
125g Plain / All-purpose flour
75g Potato starch
50g milled cereal – we used cornflakes
Heart shaped decoration sugar (large)
Round shaped decoration sugar (small)
1. Preheat oven to 130-140 degree C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine Butter and icing sugar in a large bowl, mix well.
3. Add in sieved plain flour, potato starch and milled cereal. Mix again.
4. Pour onto tabletop, knead with your palms to form a dough.
5. Roll out the dough to ¼” thick, use Hello Kitty shape cookie cutters to make cut outs. Arrange the cut outs on the lined baking sheet, 1” apart.
6. Place the large heart shape decoration sugar on as the ribbon and some round decoration sugar as the eyes and nose.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes till cooked through. Cool on a wire racks. Store in airtight container when cooled completely.
Cook’s Note: The purpose of using low temperature to bake the cookies is to retain the pale color of the Hello Kitty face.
More details: craftpassion