I always buy plenty of tortillas from Costco since my family like them very much. A few day ago, I found this homemade tortillas recipe, why not to try making them by myself ?
Nothing compares to the smell and taste of a freshly made tortilla. Making homemade tortillas really does not take much time. I love the results of making my own homemade flour tortillas.Here is an easy and quick way to make flour tortillas from scratch! You’ll need to mix the dough, flatten it into rounds and cook each one on the stove to create delicious tortillas perfect for filling with taco meat or veggies.
Ingredients for 4 wraps:
White flour 2 cups – all purpose flour
Starch powder – 2 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Water 3/4 cup
Olive oil – 2 tsp
White flour – 2 tbsp (Anti sticky purpose)
1. Sieve the flour, salt and starch powder.
2. Add the water and olive oil.
3. Kneed the dough. ( recommend to leave it like that for about 1 hour in the fridge, keep going to next step without having any break.)
4. Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
5. Spread the white flour (2tbsp) on the board.
6. Roll the 4 pieces of the dough lightly on the board into balls. (Individually)
7. Roll one piece of dough with a rolling pin to make a thin round shape. (Repeat this for the rest of them)
8. Preheat the pan for 10 seconds. (No cooking oil is used)
9. Add one tortilla sheet and cook it for 20-30 seconds.
10. Turn it over and cook it for 20-30 seconds.