When the time comes to retire that old pair of jeans once and for all, why not give them an amazing second life as something even more fantastic? We’re not in the habit of throwing out anything that could be reused and recycled, which is why we’re so in love with this amazing DIY tote bag made from nothing more than a simple pair of old jeans!
As you can see in the pictures, it’s a kind of amazing designer-quality bag you’d be paying big bucks for in any High Street fashion store! But by using an old pair of your own jeans, you’re not only saving 100% of the purchase price, you’re also helping to save the planet at the same time! It’s win-win!
Supplies You’ll Need
It’s more about the tools for the job than the actual materials, so along with the actual pair of jeans you’re about ready to get rid of, you’ll also need:
- Sewing Machine
- Sewing Thread and Needle
Denim Tote Bag: Tutorial
- Cut the legs off your old pair of jeans a few inches lower than the back pockets
- Take the rest of the spare material and cut a piece of fabric to be used for the bottom of your new tote bag
- Sew a lining into the bag using the material of your choosing. You may also decide to add pockets and separate sections for different items
- Be sure to sew the zipper and any other buttons closed – you don’t want these opening and spilling out the bag’s contents!
- Use two strips of the fabric of your choosing to create two straps for the bag, which should then be pinned and stitched into place.
- Go show off to your friends!