The stuffed cheesy bread is so delicious and like onion-garlic bread on crack. Highly snackable, highly addictive, you find yourself unable to stop pulling those cheesy bread pieces and licking your fingers good after devouring each piece.
1 Italian loaf, about 12 inches long
1 stick butter, melted
1/8 cup olive oil
3 tsp minced onion
2-3 cloves garlic, grated
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp poppy seeds
3 tsp chopped parsley (add more if you wish)
12 oz grated cheese (here used a mix of white cheddar and monterey jack.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.
3. Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
4. Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it’s all worth it. Yes.)
5. Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.
You can always make some variations by adding your favorite ingredients in the recipe, such as jalapeno, bacon, herbs and other kinds of cheese.