Sandwich cakes are an easy cake recipe to start baking with – and they’re a perfect way to give your sponge extra flavour.Bake two (or three, or four) sponges of your favourite cake and sandwich them together to create a baking masterpiece.
Cooking thiner, separate layers rather than a whole, hearty cake also ensures that your sponges cook quicker and more evenly, which is why sandwich cakes are perfect for first-time bakers or if you’re trying a new oven you’re not familiar with.
The filling is the fun part! You can sandwich your cakes together with jam, buttercream, fruit or even chocolate – the choice is yours! You can give your cake any flavour you wish by using a inventive filling or combination of ingredients.
- Cut a round loaf of bread in layers.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream and divide the mixture in two parts.
- Add chopped boiled eggs and spring onions to the first part and chopped smoked salmon and dill to the second.
- Spread the first part on the base layer and put a second layer on it. On the second layer spread the second mixture.
- Repeat the steps for all the six layers of bread.
- Cover all the sides with cream. Decorate the cake with cucumber slices, smoked salmon and sliced boiled eggs. VIEW IN GALLERYDelicious-cheesy-vegetable-tian – Recipe here