This is another idea for kids party or any occasion, turtle topped cupcakes— adorable, and yummy too !
-Sour Peach Gummy ring candies
-Red and green gum drop candies
-Spearmint Leaves candies
-Mini chocolate chips
-Toothpick or kitchen skewer
-Oval fondant cutter
1. Bake cupcakes and frost them
2. For the turtle shell: Place a gummy ring on each cupcake. Slice off the bottom half of a red gum drop and place the top half at the center of the gummy ring. Push the gum drop into the frosting so it will stick.
3. For fins, slice a Spearmint Leaves candy in half. Using a oval fondant cutter, cut each half into two pieces (shown far right). Use the curled pieces for the front fins and the thicker pieces for the hind fins.
4. For the head, poke a hole into the sides of a green gum drop using a toothpick or kitchen skewer. Push mini chocolate chips into the holes for the turtle’s eyes. Use a dab of frosting to hold the eyes in place. Place the head onto the cupcake and slightly push into the frosting so it will stick.
Here I’d also like to share how to make cupcakes:
1 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
4 sticks unsalted cubed butter
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
6 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup milk.
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Step by step :
1.Preheat your oven to 325ºF (162ºC).
2.Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
3.Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Combine 1 3/4 cups of cake flour (not self-rising), 1 1/4 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour, 2 cups of sugar, and 1 tsp. of baking powder together in a bowl. Mix the ingredients until they’re combined, for about 3 minutes.
4.Add 4 sticks of unsalted cubed butter to the mixture. Mix it in until the butter is just coated with flour.
5.Add 4 large eggs to the mixture, one at a time. Add the eggs one by one until each egg is incorporated into the mixture.
6. Add 1 cup of whole milk and 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract to the batter. Mix the ingredients together until they’re completely mixed, taking the time to scrape down the bowl so no ingredients are stuck.
7.Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with the batter. This will give the cupcakes enough room to expand.
8.Bake for 17-20 minutes. After 15 minutes, start inserting a toothpick into the cupcakes. Once it comes out clean, the cupcakes are done and should be taken out of the oven. Check back every 2 minutes until they’re ready.
9.Decorate the cupcakes with the frosting after cool the cupcakes.