VIEW IN GALLERY
I absolutely love this Homemade New York Style Cheesecake. People who like the NY style of cheesecake will love this recipe .This is the real deal—everything you imagine a cheesecake to be. Creamy. Rich. Delicious. This authentic creamy dessert will add a taste of New York to any dining table.
Ingredients ( Servings: 16) :
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup of sugar
8 tablespoons butter, (1 stick) melted
4 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons of flour
Sour Cream Layer
1 pint of sour cream
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Fresh sliced strawberries
Strawberry sundae syrup
Whipped cream – See my video for how to make home made Whipped Cream
1. HEAT oven to 325°F.
2. In a bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter, press onto bottom and slightly up the sides of 10-inch spring-form pan. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
3. While crust is baking, make the filling by beating the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon with electric mixer until smooth and well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing at medium speed after each egg is added until all is blended making sure to scrape down the batter with a spatula. Add flour and mix until smooth.
4. Remove crust from oven, but keep oven on and let the crust cool for 5-10 minutes then pour the filling over crust. Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until cake is cooked but has a slight giggle in the center.
5. Remove from oven, again keeping oven on and set aside for 5-10 minutes so it cools slightly while you make the sour cream topping. In a small bowl mix the sour cream, sugar, vanilla and lemon. Spoon over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly. Put cake back in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and loosen cake from rim of pan with knife. Cool before refrigerating. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or over night.
7. Before serving, remove rim from pan and plate and slice cake. Garnish each slice with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of strawberry sundae syrup along with some whipped cream.
More @ cookingwithsugar