VIEW IN GALLERY
If you love Maltesers, why not make this delicious Maltesers chocolate cake? It would be perfect for a special occasion, a party or when you’re feeling a bit naughty.
200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
185ml (3/4 cup) milk
125g butter, chopped
115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
3 eggs, lightly whisked
185g butter, extra, at room temperature
345g (2 1/4 cups) icing sugar mixture
95g (3/4 cup) malted milk powder
1 tablespoon milk, extra
300g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 20cm round cake pan with butter. Line base and side with baking paper.
2. Place the brown sugar, milk and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave on high, stirring every minute, for 4-5 minutes or until the butter melts and the mixture is smooth.
3. Use a balloon whisk to whisk the combined flour and cocoa powder into the butter mixture. Whisk in the egg. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 5 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the ganache, place the chocolate, cream and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave on high, stirring every minute, for 2-3 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
5. Use an electric beater to beat the extra butter in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the icing sugar, malted milk powder and extra milk until fluffy. Beat in 1 1/2 tablespoons ganache.
6. Set the remaining ganache aside for 1 hour 30 minutes or until thick, glossy and spreadable.
7. Meanwhile, use a large serrated knife to cut the cake horizontally into four layers. Place the cake base on a platter. Spread with one-third of the icing. Continue layering with the remaining cake and icing, finishing with cake. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour 30 minutes to chill.
8. Spread the ganache evenly over the top and side of the cake. Decorate with Maltesers.
VIEW IN GALLERY
You might also like this Malteser Slice dessert . It’s a quick and easy NO BAKE recipe that you can make it in just 10 minutes .Recipe by Bake Play Smile