Recycle your plastic bottles, re-purpose them into this fun and creative Zipper Holder project ! It’s easy to do, and you won’t have to spend a fortune either!
What you will need:
- Two plastic bottles of the same size
- Zipper (7 inch zipper fits perfectly with an 18- or 20-ounce bottle)
- Super glue (or hot glue)
- Sewing needle and Nylon thread (if you don’t have glue)
- Decorating materials (optional)
- Spray paint (optional)
How to do:
- Mark the bottles high from the bottom. (height may vary depending upon your requirement for the container).
- Cutoff the bottom of the bottles from the marked location and sharpen the edges using small scissor.
- Open the zipper and place it at the edge of first cut-out bottom. If you have super glue then stick the zipper using glue to the edge of cut-out bottom or otherwise use the needle and thread to sew zipper with the bottom. Don’t forget to leave the 3cm space from the zipp-start and don’t stick /sew the whole circumference.
- Zipper can be placed at inner side of the bottom edge or at the outer side of the bottom edge. Now apply the same stitching to the other side of the zipper with second bottles bottom.