Here is a fun easy project for everyone — Creat a unique rustic cloth planter for your front porch, lanai or just about anywhere. Purchase and organize all supplies prior to starting the pot-making process since the cement needs to be worked with quickly to prevent it from drying before you are finished. Make sure to wear old clothes, lay out a drop cloth, and work in a well-ventilated area as the project can get messy.
Here is the video tutorial from thehypertufagardener: Making the Draped Hypertufa Planter!
Items You might Need
- Kitchen style gloves with long cuffs
- Dust Mask
- Portland Cement (NOT concrete)
- Peat Moss
- Large Mixing Container (something long and shallow works best… like a rubbermaid container)
- Cloth to use for your project. This can be any old rag, dishtowels, burlap, whatever you have on hand.
- Plastic grocery bags
- Plastic Sheeting to place project on to dry
- A mold tall enough to drape your cement cloth over (5 gallon bucket, stacked nursery pots or any other tall item.