Dress up your office desk with these cute little pencil holders, then make some to give as gifts.
Please remember recycle paper cores or paper tubes from your kitchen, toilet, badminton court, craft room or writing table, don’t throw them away !
1. Paper Core x 1
2. Thick Cardboard x 1
3. Stash Yarns
4. Stash Felts
5. Masking Tape
6. Craft Glue / PVA Glue / White Glue
1. Trace the circumference of the tube on the thick cardboard. Cut the circle out. Attach the circle to the base of the paper tube with masking tape.
2. Cut a piece of felt and glue it to the base with craft glue.
3. Leave it for a few minutes or until the felt tack on well to the base before you start to roll the yarn around the tube.
4. Start gluing the yarn from top. If you find the yarn is a little difficult to attach to the tube, wait until the glue is tacky before wrapping the yarn around. The beginning is always the toughest part to start with for this project.
5. After wrapping a few rounds, turn the tube upside down and continue wrapping. I found that working from bottom to top is much easier than working from top to bottom.You may change color of the yarn or just keep to 1 color.
7. Decorate the pencil holder with embellishment when the yarn is securely affix to the tube.Wait till everything is dry, place the pencil holder on your desk to keep your stationary in it.
VIEW IN GALLERY