Last week we ordered a pineapple pizza from ROUND TABLE, it wa so delicious. I like that good smell. Then I was wondering what else can be use pineapple? I am so glad I finally found this pineapple upside-down cupcake recipe. It seems it’s very easy to make. They also smell good while they are baking. You can serve them with whip cream on the side, and then sprinkle some toasted coconut on the whip cream, the taste will be even better.
What you will need:
- 1 can (20 oz) sliced pineapple, drained, juice reserved
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 12 maraschino cherries, cut in half
- cooking spray
- Move an oven rack into the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons into each muffin cup.
- Press a maraschino cherry into the center of the brown sugar in each muffin cup.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of crushed pineapple over the cherry and compact it with the back of a spoon into an even layer.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, pineapple juice, and vegetable oil in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Turn mixer speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour pineapple cake batter into the muffin cups, filling them to the top; do not overfill.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cupcakes to loosen. Invert the pan onto a cookie sheet and lift up.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Here is a none cake mix Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes recipe and video, maybe you like it more ! Courtesy of BettyCrocker