Would you believe it’s possible to make such an adorably soft bunny rabbit out of nothing but a simple square of fabric? Neither did we, until we came across this amazing guide we’re now totally addicted to!
Easter may be the bunny’s busiest time of the year, but there’s really no better time than right now to whip up a soft toy or two for that special little someone in your life! Especially when it’s as easy as this to do, as with little more than a square of fabric and a few basic embroidery supplies, you’ll soon find yourself able to build a small army of bunnies in no time!
What You’ll Need
- Knitting needle
- Embroidery needle
- Embroidery thread
Knitted Square Bunnies Guide
- Knit yourself a square of fabric or just but a sheet of fabric and cut out a square
- Sew a triangle into the top half of the square as illustrated above
- Pull the thread tight and push a pinch of soft stuffing into the fabric
- Sew the body half of the bunny tightly shut and push in more stuffing
- Sew the bottom of the bunny closed and make a fluffy pom-pom tale as described in the tutorial
It really is one of the easiest sewing projects we’ve ever come across and a wholly brilliant project for newcomers and first-timers. It’s almost impossible to go wrong as the whole idea is that every little bunny you create will be somewhat unique – one-of-a-kind gifts for family and friends, whatever the occasion!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Another great idea is to make bunnies out of socks. Take our word for it, you CAN make them 🙂
VIEW IN GALLERY
Or a lovely crochet bunny blanket (free pattern included)
VIEW IN GALLERY
Last but not least, we have eight free patterns for bunny hats that will make your little one even more special.