If you’ve ever wanted to set in stone those precious moments from your kids’ childhood, now’s your chance to make it happen. There’s nothing quite like an amazing set of stepping stones to transform any garden into a work of art, though in this instance it’s the stones themselves that are true masterpieces!
By creating an imprint of any family member’s hand, you have yourself a life-long treasure to hold onto for keeps. Mark the milestones in baby’s life, get the kids to make a marvelous gift for mom or have the whole family join forces and make memories to last – it’s such a wonderful thing to do!
Making Your Mark
In order to get started, you’ll need to invest in a kit from Michael’s or JoAnn Fabrics, which come with literally everything you need aside from the mixing bucket and the water. All you need to do is mix up the cement as the instructions specify, pour it into the supplied mold and then give it about 30 minutes before adding your handprints and any other decorations you fancy!
Few Tips For Handprint Stepping Stones:
- Be sure to leave it for the full 30 minutes as specified in the instructions, otherwise it may be too soft to support your decorations.
- If there’s any excess water gathering on the surface, remove it using paper towels.
- Don’t try to speed up the drying process by putting the stone in the sun. Instead, give it at least two days at standard room temperature.
- Avoid moving the stone or touching it at all while it is drying.
- Be gentle when cleaning the stone in order to preserve its amazing looks for as long as possible.