These beary macarons are just as cute as they are delicious, they are great kids snack, and perfect for a baby shower . You can make them with blue, pink or brown color . Have fun making these adorable treats .
Ingredients ( about 18 completed macaron sandwiches ):
200g powdered sugar
120g almond flour
3 egg whites
50g granulated sugar
Gel food coloring
White and regular chocolate
Large heart sprinkles
VIEW IN GALLERYDirections: Preheat oven to 300 F
1. Sift together almond flour and powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Set aside
2. Beat egg whites until foamy, then add in granulated sugar. Whip 8-10 min until stiff peaks form, and add in food coloring if desired.
3. Gently fold in dry ingredients until batter flows off spatula like magma.
4. Transfer batter to a pastry or Ziploc bag, and pipe macarons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. Tap baking sheet on counter to release air bubbles.
5. Let rest on counter for 20-30 minutes, and bake for 20 min.
6. Use white chocolate to draw on oval-shaped mouth, and let dry. Add on mouth, nose, and eyes with melted semisweet/milk/dark chocolate.
7. Fill with chocolate ganache or frosting. Photo source and details @bakerella .
9 oz. semisweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan, bring heavy cream to a boil over medium heat
2. Pour over chocolate in a heat-safe container. Stir to combine, and place in fridge until ready to use.
VIEW IN GALLERY