Would you ever believe that results like these were actually easy to come up with at home? We were skeptical too, but trust us when we say that the first time you try out these ballerina cupcakes for yourself, you might not look the same way at your local bakery ever again.
Whether looking to knock up a few individual cakes for a group of individuals or perhaps one huge offering for a special event or occasion, you’ll find it an absolute breeze with these free guides and tutorials. Of course, you could always buy the cakes in and take control of the decorating alone, but we always think it’s better to go the whole hog and bake your own.
Trust us – you’ll taste the difference!
Ballerina Cupcakes, What You’ll Need
- Tooth picks
- Pastry roller
- Cookie cutter in the shape of a heart
- Cookie cutter with frilled border
- Fondant icing
How to make them
- Prepare the fondant as instructed or buy the fondant ready to use.
- When ready, roll the fondant out to around 5mm in thickness to be used for the top part of the dress. Cut our heart shapes using the cookie cutter and then use a knife to cut off the heart’s bottom part (as pictured).
- For the skirt, roll fondant much thinner and then use the frilled-edge cookie cutter to cut it out. Make indents along the edge use the tooth pick.
- Take the skirt part and drape it over the top of the cupcake. If necessary, you can add a little icing or cram to hold it in place.
- You’ll then want to make a second layer for the skirt as pictured using the same technique, though with a slightly smaller diameter. Stick this on top of the first layer.
- Add the heart-shaped bustier to the top using another blob of icing or cream to hold it in place.
- Decorate the waist area of the dress using any edible gems or balls of your choosing to hide the connecting lines.
Check the video for a more detailed tutorial.